NJYS Return to Play Update
We continue to plan for the eventual return to play in light of Friday's announcement by Governor Murphy about "The Road Back" for youth sports in New Jersey. To be clear, the suspension of all NJ Youth Soccer affiliated and sanctioned soccer activities statewide remains in effect. That said, we are actively preparing to help leagues, clubs, coaches, players, parents and volunteers prepare for June 22nd as the anticipated date to resume sanctioned soccer activities aligned with our phased approach. We will continue to host webinars for our member clubs and leagues to help us collectively prepare as we prioritize the safety of our membership.
As we continue to communicate with Youth Soccer State Associations across the country, many of which have already initiated their return to play, we are reminded that these are unprecedented times that will require unique considerations:
- For all participants (players, parents, coaches), we will continue to remind you if you are not comfortable with returning to play, DON’T.
- Clubs and programs may also find challenges gaining access and permits to fields (e.g. schools that are closed).
Collaboration and community partnership will help us persevere.
Thank you for your continued support.
August 08 Preliminary team counts: strengths and registration payment due
August 15 Final team counts/strengths due - Flighting begins
Deadline to withdraw teams without penalties
August 18 Mandatory TR flighting meeting at TBD
August 22 Flighting finalized – Scheduling begins
Teams dropping after 12:01 am will be fined $100
August 29 ALL ROSTERS MUST BE EMAILED to
Teams dropping after 12:01 am will be fined $200
Sep 12 Opening weekend
Sep 26 Week C / Rosters are frozen, updated rosters to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov 14 Finals Fest
· We will be playing a 7-game season plus playoffs for U12 - U16
· U8 & U10 play 7v7, small sided - 9 games plus Fun Fest
· U18 plays 9 games No Playoffs
· 3rd place games to be played at the field of highest seeded team (ref. fees will be shared by both the teams)
Sep 12 Week A - Season Kick-off
Sep 19 Week B - Last week to add players and re-send roster
Sep 26 Week C - Rosters are frozen, updated rosters to be emailed to
Oct 03 Week D
Oct 10 Week E
Oct 17 Week F
Oct 24 Week G
Oct 31 Week H – First Round Playoffs
Nov 07 Week I - Second Round Playoffs
Nov 14 Week J - Finals Fest / Fun Fest (Rain Date 11/15)