InterCounty Youth Soccer League (Inter-County Youth Soccer League) is a not-for-profit, recreational soccer program. We are a semi-competitive recreational program with roughly 200 teams in divisions from U8, U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18. The league is a federation of town soccer clubs based in Middlesex, Somerset, Union, Essex and some clubs from Monmouth County. Membership is limited to Central New Jersey to reduce the travel required for games.
The League was founded as a way to allow children to continue to play soccer when there were not enough players within individual towns to form viable programs. ICYSL gives kids that don't want to or can't play travel soccer the opportunity to play against teams from other towns and experience the true tournament atmosphere. Our objective is for the children to have fun, play the game, and always practice good sportsmanship. We sponsor a Keep-It-Positive (“KIP”) program to recognize players who demonstrate the ICYSL values of good sportsmanship, teamwork, and respect for coaches, referees and teammates.
Intercounty Soccer organizes and administers two seasons of play in each August-July soccer year. Fall season starts in September and runs through mid-November; Spring season begins in early April and ends in mid-June. Depending on the calendar/holidays/school vacations, each season is approximately 9 games long - including divisional playoffs for U12 thru U16 (finalists play a 10th game as a reward for having a good season). The League hosts/organizes Finals Fest, a day in which back-to-back, first-place playoff games for each U12 thru U16 division are to be played. League also organizes Fun Fest for U10 division. No scores kept, just a fun filled day for our young players to come play and enjoy the day. U10 and U18 play a straight 9 game season.
ICYSL is pleased to roll out its 4v4 U8 Fun Fest. An eight (8) week program – Hosted by different club every week. No scores. No standings. No referees. Let the kids play and enjoy with minimal instructions from coaches. Register by August 4th 2019.
- Dates – 9/14, 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26 (Halloween dress up), 11/2
- Time – Saturday Mornings and/or Afternoons, depending on field availability. Schedule will be published ahead of time.
- Location – Different Club every week. Each club has the opportunity to host the event on a weekend
- Format – 4v4 NO Goalie. Three (3) games, twenty (20) minute game: 10 min x 2 with two (2) minute water break at half time. On hotter days we play quarters: 5 min x 4 with one (1) min water breaks. Five (5) minute transition between games, moving to the next field.
- Roster Size – Recommended roster size is six (6) maximum eight (8)
- Goal Size – 6’x4’ pop up goals (supplied by hosting club)
- Field Size – US Soccer PDI recommends min 25x15yd and max. 30x20yd (built and maintained by hosting club)
- Team Registration Fee – $70 per team
- Age Group - for players born after Jan 01, 2012.
- Team Composition – Single gender Teams. However, girls to play on boys team but boys cannot play on a girls team.